When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Monday, July 26, 2010

Check It Out!



SUNFLOWERS!
We had some visitors yesterday and
I thought they'd make a nice backdrop for some pictures.
Because, just look at them now!
To give you some perspective, Dave is 6' 2".


In the morning, Erin's friend Kristin joined us for breakfast.


And Chris & Tasha and Matt & Beth were with us for dinner.

I've never grown sunflowers before.
How tall will they get?
When will they bloom?
I'll be hanging out my neighbor's upstairs window
to get the next pictures!

Fee-fi-fo-fum!
Can we climb up to find a bag of gold?

3 comments:

  1. Waiting and watching these flowers bloom is half the fun! Love how strong, patient, gentle and kind these flowers feel. Much like the gal who has inspired it all. May they grow and grow and remind us all that it really is all about the lives you touch, and you are touching many, included mine!!! I will never be the same...xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrill! I've never seen them that tall before. They grow beautifully in France -entire fields of yellow tournesols- but yours are the definitely the tallest sunflowers I've ever seen! So much joy and beauty - they are the perfect reminder of Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great visit with you and Mr. Potts! Glad we could get together. Miss you both already, and thanks for the bracelet!

    Love,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete