When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

With a Little Care, HOPE Grows

Remember these?


We handed them out to all generous donors
HERE AT THE BLOOD DRIVE.

With a little care,

look what's growing in my garden.

HOPE



“It's such an act of optimism to get through a day and enjoy it and laugh and do all that without thinking about death. What spirit human beings have!”

"I don't sweat the small stuff. When somebody says you have cancer, you realize it's all small stuff. If it weren't for the downside, everyone would want to have it... But there is a downside."

~ Spoken by comedienne Gilda Radner, who was one of the original cast members of Saturday Night Live. She died at the age of 42 from ovarian cancer.

4 comments:

  1. I love this!
    I gave a few of the seeds in that packet to my dad to plant in his garden (seeds love to grow for him, and they don't love to grow for me). I will keep up to date on their progress (their house is 5 minutes away from us). And I've kept some of the seeds for myself, as a memento of Erin & you (and in case one day my "brown thumb" turns to green). Thank you for sharing this gift with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our packets arrived in our mailbox I gulped a few tears. The seeds are now nestled in the ground along the edge of the shed at our place up in VT. Here's HOPING they sprout soon, grow tall and turn their faces to the southwest, toward La Grange.

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope.....what a great word, and the sunflower just bursts with hope!!! I hope mine grow, nothing so far! But I am hopeful....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have quite a few friends in Wisco who are growing the seeds I gave them in their gardens and the tag is hanging at their desks at work or on their fridges at home!

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete