When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Someone Told Me It's All Happening

at the ZOO!

I do believe it,
I do believe it's true.



The monkeys stand for honesty,

Giraffes are insincere,

And the elephants are kindly
but they're dumb.

Orangutans are skeptical
of changes in their cages,

And the zookeeper is very fond of rum.

Zebras are reactionaries,

Antelopes are missionaries,

Pigeons plot in secrecy,

And hamsters turn on frequently.

What a gas!
You gotta come and see ~

At the zoo.


(thanks to Simon & Garfunkel for the lyrics)

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you enjoyed a great day! You both deserve it..love, love the lyrics!!!!
    Fun feeds the soul...have a feast, my friend!!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song...I've never heard it mentioned since the "old days!" Thanks for sharing. She did tell you to have fun, God love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. potts, you are wicked clever!

    and following erin's directions to a tee.

    well done.

    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I have to agree with you. This post was just "wicked" clever. Are you from the East Coast? According to my sister-in-law, from Boston, anything that is referred to as "wicked" is the creme de la creme. She once said in her best Boston accent "Wincie, your brotha is "wicked" smaaat". Please note: Bostonian's don't bother with r's.

    Crazy to think that "Bookends" was released in 1968! I use to cry (still do) everytime I heard "America". Oh how I love Simon and Garfunkel!

    Erin, your mother is "wicked" fun!

    Love,
    Wince

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bingo Wincie...I grew up right outside of Bahstun. I've lost most of my accent, but love to go home and listen to my cousins. They crack me up.
    Next time you see Potts, give her a hug for me , will ya?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pahdun me girls ~

    We'll have to arrange to have a pahty sometime so you can meet:)

    I was just dancing around my kitchen to "Cecilia". Keenan thinks I've been doing the same serious stuff the hamsters were doing!

    Doritoes anyone?

    ReplyDelete