When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Friday, July 16, 2010

Just A Drop in the Bucket?

Think again.

Those of us who donated blood on May 15th
are now eligible to do so again.
According to donation guidelines,
we are able to give blood every 8 weeks (56 days).

I went to the center in Westmont yesterday afternoon.
The facility is great ~ well-staffed, well-organized.
I showed up without having made an appointment because I was unsure of my plans for the day, and I was in and out in less than 40 minutes. That included time for my snack of juice and yummy animal crackers.
I ate a box of Milk Duds in the car on the way home too
just in case.
One can never be too careful!

Blood supplies are low in the summertime, so please consider choosing to donate in the near future.
You can click on "Ongoing Blood Donation Information" at the top of my blog page and follow the instructions there,
Click on the facility that is conveniently located to you for the address,
and BE SURE TO CHECK THE HOURS
of operation because each place is a little different.

Erin's Group Number is 556C.

If you live outside of Chicagoland,
perhaps you'll consider finding a center located in your area.
Sarah and her friend Stacy donated at work yesterday in Milwaukee.
The company offers monthly drives for its employees.

Thanks so much!
Even though you may think your donation is just
A Drop in the Bucket,
please consider the ripple effect your gift may have...




Please forward to spread the word. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. It is so easy to do, and the effect can help so many others!!! I am a baby with this stuff too, if I can do it anyone can!!! Westmont is a great one! Can you eat chocolate before donating?!?!!?
    My blood type? Fannie May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate is highly recommended, before and after donations. Many people are unaware of this, so thank you for mentioning this little known fact. Hopefully others will take note here.

    Shoot, I didn't know your blood type was Fannie May! We could have requested a "directed donation" to Erin. To heck with her O+ type! I'm sure your subtype would have matched hers. Your blood would have given her a great boost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hosted a blood drive at school. I'm a part of the american red cross club there. Anyone who lives near Saint Xavier please look for upcoming blood drives there.

    Unfortunately I couldn't complete my donation this time. It was all set up, blood flowing, and then it clotted. So close. I don't understood why they can't use what they got even though it wasn't a full unit or can they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, that's so great that you hosted a drive at St Xavs, and you're part of the Red Cross club. It's too bad that your blood clotted part way through the donation. I really don't know if they can use a partial bag. Hmmm - good question for the experts!

    Thanks again for donating in memory of Erin last May. Mark your calendar for May 14, 2011. It will be a yearly event!

    ReplyDelete