When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Friday, April 1, 2011

Maybe This Year

Wow, we say this every year!

Today is Opening Day for the Chicago Cubs.
Game Time - 1:20pm at Wrigley Field.
Ahhh, The Friendly Confines.
There's always hope at the beginning of a new season!


Holy Cow!
It could be!  It might be!  It is!  A home run!

~ Gotta love Harry Caray ~

~
Wait a minute.  
Is that Erin in a Cincinnati Reds hat?


Oh man!  Really?
~
I'm sure Matty and Puck (my dad) would have 
a great deal to say about this indiscretion!

Perhaps Puck is chatting with her about it now.
I like that thought...

5 comments:

  1. Oh the coversations being had.... all that wisdom! Good luck to your Cubbies! Hope springs eternal!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you remember your girl like this. Sweet memories. Hugs from Houston....hoping to send you hugs from Alabama soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am wiping the tears away! How cute is Erin in her Cubs hat? And the picture of Matty and your Dad? Priceless. I love how Matty is looking up at your Dad like what he is saying is truly "the gospel". Yes, Grandpa is a wise man.

    What IS Erin doing in a Reds cap? Was she in Cincinnati for a tournament? She's adorable in any hat. I really miss her.

    I love you Mare,
    Wincie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So priceless...I think she's actually listening!

    ReplyDelete