When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Almost Time!

Erin's 20th Birthday Celebration
Second Annual Blood Drive


SUNDAY, MAY 15, 2011
8:00AM - 3:00PM
ST CLETUS PARISH - MORRISSEY HALL
600 WEST 55TH STREET
LA GRANGE

Click on the tab above
- "Blood Drive Sign-up Instructions" -
and you'll find a direct link to the LifeSource website
and step-by-step directions.
~
Phone a friend and plan to come together.
Chat with people from the community.
Meet other generous folks.


♪ Listen to some tunes
while you have a slice of cake with us. ♪
Celebrate Erin's birthday
while sharing your gift of good health
with someone who is less fortunate.
It'll make you feel GREAT!

Please sign up as soon as possible
so LifeSource can adjust staff and stations
based upon the number of committed donors.
We hope to rock the Barn like we did last year!

Help us light the way for those in need.
Again, imagine how many will benefit from our united effort!


Forward this post and spread the news!
~

Dear Friends,

We had a wonderful family BBQ yesterday, and today we awoke to snow!
Really?
So, instead of looking out the window, I stayed on task here.
I’ve been drinking clear liquids all day like a good girl.
My bags are packed. My playlist is set with a little JT, VM, JB and NJ.

crafted by Karen L R
I have my pillow and my rain machine
and a funky little charm from a far away friend,
(check out her kidney! she rocks!)
and a very soft teddy bear
that a special little girl gave me to sleep with
because we couldn’t figure out
how to sneak Keenan into the hospital. xo Morgan
It just doesn't get any better.

From way down deep in my heart
THANK YOU
for all the phone calls, cards, emails
and blog comments (I don’t even know some of you!).
Jim and I are so blessed to be wrapped in this big, giant, compassionate,
generous hug that spans across the country
and all the way down to Colombia!

I know that all of you would do the same thing I’m doing
if someone you loved needed you.
We’re ready.
All will be well.

I'll see many of you at the blood drive.

10 comments:

  1. Every best wish Mary on your incredibly generous journey. Will bet thinking of you on your recovery and hope that the transplant will be a success.

    Irene (an anonymous reader!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you both - we'll be thinking of you and praying for your speedy recovery :). Can't wait to hear all the good news!! And Morgan was happy to do it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, just ran into Dave! All will go well. Everyone is praying for you and Jim. Erin will be with you. All our love, I.
    Will put the word out for Erin's 20th birthday blood drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and blessings to you, Mary, and to your brother. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I am an old friend of Colleens and have been reading your blog since she started following you on hers. Best of luck to you all today. You have all of my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I am with you in spirit, dearest friend. Candles are ready for you and for Jim, to be lit this afternoon.

    I'm looking forward to donating blood for the very first time today, way out here in Connecticut, inspired by Erin.

    Every day is a blessing. And we are all caught up together in this amazing web of love and hope.

    May the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and your brother today, Mary.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck today, Mrs. Potts! I hope you have a speedy recovery and rest up at home!

    Love,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary - Its 1:00 on Tuesday and I am sending positive thoughts your way.
    Having my dad in Kidney failure I know what a great gift this is.
    Please call me if you need ANYTHING!!!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luck and Love your way!
    <3 loveknot

    ReplyDelete