When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spoiled? You Betcha!

This little guy was born four years ago today.
When we brought him home
he became a very important part of Erin's life.
He also helped me keep an eye on her.


Low counts?  Really? 
Hmmm... she looks just fine to me!


Do you think she'll make me get off Erin's bed?


Nah! I'm her favorite!


What a great way to spend a birthday.
There's nothing better than a long nap
after a brisk walk.
I almost had that squirrel...

Ahhh, the life of the Birthday Dog.
Spoiled?  Yup.
Does he deserve to be?  Oh yeah!

12 comments:

  1. I love your dog. :) Kallie just celebrated her fourth birthday Feb 28th... well we gave her that birthday being she is a rescue and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that little puff ball!! I remember he used to be so naughty! Biting my pant leg, fingers and digging in the yard!!

    He's lucky he was cute!Happy Birthday Keenan!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cherished friend he was to Erin....the best therapy in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should sell that first picture! Happy Birthday Keenan!

    Is it a sin to covet thy neighbor's dog? If so, I'm guilty.

    Chris Boyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keena is the best dog ever!!! Happy Birthday dear Keenan!!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ma,

    Everybody LOVES me!! How about that steak bone you promised me?! Happy Birthday to me!!!

    Love,
    Keenan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!! I can see you are growing wiser in your old age...better a long nap than a dead squirrel!! Hope you got a bone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how quick you are (and kind as well) to attribute his lack of success to wisdom! The elusive rodents continue to taunt and he still pursues, hence the nap. If he's ever lucky enough to land one, it'll scare him to death.

    Now, do you want to rethink the coveting, Chris? I'll knock on your door someday when I'm out walking "killer" and hand you and Bill the leash. You can borrow him for a fix. Ask Margaret. He LOVES to go for a walk. Make sure there's a comfy bed he can crash on when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't believe that was Keenan, at first - he was so little! What a gem. That dog seems to me to be a gift straight from God to your family. Happy Birthday, Keenan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this post? So sorry, Keenan! I hope you had a fabulous birthday, because after all, you are a FABULOUS dog. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy late birthday to Keenan! I know how much he meant to Erin : )

    loveknot, xo

    ReplyDelete