When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Quote of the Week

sometimes I just deserve a good pity party for one...


People are always saying that change is a good thing.
But all they're really saying is that
something you didn't want to happen at all... has happened.


Kathleen Kelly
and this led to...

Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life
- well, valuable, but small -
and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it,
or because I haven't been brave?
So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book,
when shouldn't it be the other way around?

lots of thinking today

4 comments:

  1. You deserve any kind of party you want.
    "I am a lone reed"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sometimes achingly so. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is one fine movie. (pity parties require a keenan pooch)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, I am most definitely a lone reed
    and Keenan always receives the sole invitation to those parties

    ReplyDelete