When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yes, I'm Asking Again!

My sidebar ticker says there are 18 more days until the Blood Drive.
Happy 18th Birthday Erin!



Thanks SO MUCH to those of you who have already signed up to donate. As of this morning we have 115 willing and able people coming on May 15th.
That's wonderful, but I'm hoping for MORE!

Through conversations and emails, and according to Facebook "yes" responses, there are MANY more out there who "intend" to come, but haven't committed yet. As I look at the names of people signed up so far, I don't see many of the names of those who have expressed an interest in participating.

My concern is that LifeSource won't be adequately prepared if people decide to come at the last minute. We want the day to run as smoothly as possible, and we're hoping everyone will have a meaningful experience. Please help us plan by signing up now. (Click on Instructions above.)

LifeSource just added some stations, so now we have additional time slots to accommodate - the St Cletus track meet, Saturday errands, teens who want to sleep a little later and most other activities. There should be enough flexibility to fit everyone's hectic schedule.


We hope many more of you will choose to come and celebrate Erin's 19th Birthday with us.
There will be balloons and cake:)

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Potts,
    I actually signed up not a week ago, but I had to cancel... I totally forgot we are going to be out of town for my brothers graduation. I will definately be making a contribution at a later date in Erin's name!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    What a wonderful idea for Erin's birthday! Unfortunately we will be at Caitlin's graduation in Indiana that day. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you on this special day. Keep writing - you are touching all of our hearts with your words. It helps all of us who have suffered a loss.

    Cathy Smith

    ReplyDelete