When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Monday, April 12, 2010

My Best Birthday Present

Two days after my 24th birthday, I received a belated gift, wrapped in a soft pink blanket.
I had to work a bit for this gift, but she was my best birthday present - EVER!
Sarah Maureen, born at 2:53am on April 12, 1982

Sarah, you're being a bit dramatic!
Turning 28 is NOT that big of a deal!
Get a grip!



And you said you were the ONLY ONE who had to wear bows in your hair.

I believe Carrie wins the prize this time.

Just look at the dresses and party shoes!





Perhaps you could suggest this hairstyle to Meg for her wedding in August.
Oh my goodness, are you wearing a Packers sweatshirt? We should have known back then...

LOVE the Barbie doll. It's so YOU - ha ha!


Poor Sarah usually had to share a birthday cake with me. This year was no exception. Thank you for the yummy cake Sue.


Happy Birthday to US!


What I wanted most for my daughter was that she be able to soar confidently in her own sky, whatever that may be.
-Helen Claes
Keep soaring.
Love you Sarah.

3 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Potts,

    I loved this post. Sarah is fantastic. She is such a great friend to me and when I called her today to wish her a happy birthday, I told her I was so happy she was born. It may sound like I'm kidding, but I'm not. I am so glad she is in my life.

    I love reading your blog. It is so honest and beautifully written. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I hope to see you soon.

    Much love,
    Chrissy (Schurla) Folliard

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a gem of a post. just right for a gem of a daughter. happy b-day, say. xoxox

    ReplyDelete