When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Seize the Moment!

In a couple of weeks I'm throwing a shower for my future daughter-in-law
and my head is popping with so many ideas.
I found these gorgeous, colorful napkins at TJ's and those flowers will be perfect and I'll need this many salad plates...
So many fun things from which to choose.


Cupcakes seem to be the IN thing right now.

I think I'll go with the mini-size and serve some raspberries and maybe a little kiwi with them because all these sweet young girls are watching their waistlines.



While giggling, I thought of the wonderful, wise and always witty Erma Bombeck who said ~


Seize the moment.
Remember all those women on the Titanic 
who waved off the dessert cart.




Then I sobered up and thought,
these sweet young girls don't even know who Erma Bombeck was!
Then I laughed again as I realized they will also find out, a la Erma ~
The grass is always greener over the septic tank!
Hah - thank goodness a little wisdom comes with the wrinkles!
I'll have five cupcakes please.

2 comments:

  1. Cupcakes=good clean living!!! Never pass them by....that is my words of wisdom for the sweet young girls!!! Is there such as a thing as too much frosting?? I think not!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the energy and freshness that comes with the lives our kids and all of their friends...but I also love the wisdom and perspective that comes with our own age.

    I'll have one of those mini cupcakes and a dollop of fruit, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete