When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Luxury or Necessity?

So, how did everyone fare during the 3-day power outage?
Did we all have fun doing without our electricity?

~ reading this weekend's book club selection
once the sun went down was a bit of a challenge ~

 - Peter Vilhelm

~ it was awfully toasty without the air conditioning,
and really hard to sleep at night ~

- Jules Cheret

~ and man what a pain it was to have to drive to the local coffee shop
at 5:30am for my morning jump start ~ 


Thank goodness we're up and running again!


I'm exhausted!

Luxury?  Maybe.
Necessity?  Let's say the highly preferred way of living!

4 comments:

  1. No blow dryer for my hair..Luxury (I looked like a fuzz ball!) Losing ice cream without a freezer...still trying to re-coop! (tramatic!)
    Spoiled? YES....ice cream=the good life!
    Just happy to have our power back on!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully we didn't lose it (THIS TIME!!) but my 89 year-old Gram did and we got to hear a ton of "back when I was a kid..." I think when it's all you're used to it definately becomes a necessity! At least that's the excuse I'm using! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In July? No fun!

    Come on up to VT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this from another blogger - so sorry you had to do without! We go through this often in winter. Glad it's back on again - and that your wonderful sense of humor stood you in good stead.

    ReplyDelete