When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

~ Kahlil Gibran, from"The Prophet"

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

As parents, we've had a lot of hopes and dreams for our children as they've gone through each stage of their lives. I could list so many points here, but I won't get into all that because it might require more words than my two previous blog posts!

Since they've left our nest though, Dave and I hope they will all continue to: remain healthy, support themselves through a fulfilling employment situation, have comprehensive insurance coverage, make good choices consistent with upstanding morals and values, and ultimately find happiness along whatever life path they decide to pursue. You know ~ grab all the good stuff out there! If their direction includes finding another person to spend the rest of their life with, then WOW ~ bonus!
Thank goodness they've all been pretty successful in the above endeavors, and I have some really exciting news to share.
The eldest recently hit the BONUS round!

THERE'S GOING TO BE A WEDDING IN AUGUST OF 2011.
CHRIS ASKED TASHA TO MARRY HIM, AND SHE SAID YES!!


Tasha and Chris began dating about three years ago, and she readily won the hearts of each of us during that time with her outgoing and vibrant personality, her confident disposition and her considerate and supportive manner throughout the challenges of the past several years.

OUR FAMILY IS THRILLED ABOUT THE NEWS.

Here's to you, Chris and Tasha!



I was just thinking about these lines from the movie "When Harry Met Sally" ~
I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
awww...  love just rocks!

9 comments:

  1. Oh happy, happy day! Congratulations to Chris and Tasha! We are just delighted to hear this news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I get ahead of myself?? What BEAUTIFUL grandchildren you will have!!!
    Much love and happiness to this terrific couple. A great addition to a great family!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless the happy, gorgeous couple! May they enjoy a long and fruitful union. HIP HIP HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa Mrs. Bentley...Kids? What are those? Yikes...

    Thank you everybody for the kind words! We sincerely appreciate them!

    - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Chris, a gal can dream!!! Your mom will be a fabulous grandma, but I'll start with mother-in-law!
    Good luck to you and that sweet, sweet fiance of yours!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Chris and Tasha!!!

    Kristin Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris and Tasha, Congratulations on your Engagement! My, what a handsome couple you are.
    May you have a lifetime filled with love and happiness. Awww...you're right Mare! Love certainly does ROCK!@

    Wincie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats and best wishes to Chris and Tasha and the Potts Family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Chris and Tasha. I hope she loves football. Dylan needs a good receiver coach.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete